He was born in 1953, he lives and works in Piacenza, where he received his artistic training at the Institute of Art, "Felice Gazzola".
Captivated by engraving, he started printing independently with a self-made printing press. His first personal paintings exhibition was in 1978. In the following years he improved himself in the techniques of etching, aquatint, mezzotint, soft-ground etc.
He has taken part in many exhibitions and competitions, both as a painter and engraver, getting consents and prizes in national and international exhibitions, such as Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Finland, Belarus, Bulgaria, Poland, Belgium, Serbia.
Several of his works belong to public and private collections, in Italy and abroad, among which:
- the “Civica Raccolta delle stampe Achille Bertarelli” of Milan,
- the “Gabinetto delle Stampe Antiche e Moderne” of Bagnacavallo,
- the “Casa Museo Sartori” of Mantova, the “Museo dell’Incisione nel Castello dei Peleologi” of Acqui Terme,
- the “Museo della Stampa” print museum of Soncino e the Biblioteca Palatina of Parma.
He has been member of Italian Ex Libris Association (A.I.E), member of A.L.I. (Engraver Association of Bologna, Italy); he is on the Italian Engraver Annuary (Annuario degli Incisori italiani) published by Grafica d’Arte and on The Register of Italian Engraver (Repertorio degli Incisori Italiani).
Stragliati since 1974, begins to receive awards, including:
- the first prize in Piacenza with "L’arte nel tempo libero” of Piacenza,
- the third prize with "Il Pennello d'oro" of Corno Giovine,
- First Prize at the national Competition "Crisotofo Marzaroli" of Salsomaggiore (PR), Italy;
- The fourth fourth prize for graphics in 1996;
- The "First Prize Italian Graphics" City of Vigonza (PD) - Italy in 2012;
- The Special Jury Prize at the International Competition the Enchanted Woods in 2012 and in 2014,
- and the fourth edition of 2016 Award on the theme "Alice in Wonderland"